The tenth Annual Report from Rock the Earth is complete and can be found HERE. Once again, we have intentionally decided not to print an annual report. Instead, the report will only be available electronically.
Highlights from 2014 include:
– RtE legal and technical staff worked on over a dozen substantive matters. Rock the Earth continued to defend its 2012 Federal Court victory to protect Colorado’s Roan Plateau which ultimately lead to a historic settlement, ensuring the protection of 90% of the top of the Plateau for years to come.
– We enjoyed a victory associated with our work to protect Hermosa Creek, and furthered our work to better regulate fracking, protect wetlands and waterways, contain the despoliation of Glen Canyon by off-road vehicles, and stop the Army’s proposed expansion of Fort Carson’s Pinon Canyon Maneuver Site without a comprehensive environmental impact (and environmental justice) evaluation.
– RtE had a presence at over 230 concert dates throughout the United States.
– RtE raised over $130,000 from memberships, sponsorships, donations, auctions and grants.
– We launched a second, annual signature fundraising event for the organization: the wildly successful Dine Out for Earth, focusing on the local and sustainable food and beverage movement and also held our second iteration of the Amazing Rock the Earth Race.
– We announced a new partnership with national solar provider Solar City, where those who add solar to their home or business with Solar City will receive memberships in Rock the Earth and Rock the Earth receives donations from this leader in solar power!